|Samuel Merritt University Password Guidelines|
- All SAMUELMERRITT.EDU passwords are required by the system to be changed every 120 days.
- You will not be allowed to reuse your existing password.
- Your password must include a combination of upper case letters, lower case letters, and numbers, and be at least 7 characters long.
- Your password cannot be similar to your user name.
Password Protection Standards
All passwords are to be treated as sensitive, confidential Samuel Merritt University information.
If an account or password is suspected to have been compromised, report the incident to Information Technology Services Help Desk at 510-869-6836 and change all passwords.
- Don't reveal a password over the phone to ANYONE. This includes family members, friends, your boss or your co-workers.
- Don't reveal a password in an email message, questionnaires, security forms or in front of others.
- If someone demands a password, refer them to this document or have them call Information Technology Services.
- Do not use the "Remember Password" feature of applications.
- Do not write passwords down and store them anywhere in your office.
- Do not store passwords in a file on ANY computer system (including Palm Pilots or similar devices).